Hey there, adventurous folks! Blaze Green here with another exciting exploration into the world of cannabis. Today, we’re blending up a storm in the kitchen as we delve into the world of cannabis smoothies and the impressive benefits of juicing raw marijuana.
Now, as we’ve discussed before, eating raw marijuana won’t get you high due to the non-psychoactive nature of THCA, the raw form of THC. However, raw marijuana is loaded with non-psychoactive cannabinoids, including CBD and CBG, along with essential nutrients like fiber, protein, and a range of vitamins and minerals.
So, let’s talk about making cannabis smoothies!
Best Strains for Smoothies
When selecting strains for your smoothies, it’s essential to focus on the strain’s flavor profile. Some strains will naturally complement certain fruits and vegetables better than others. Here are a few recommendations:
- Lemon Haze: With its strong citrus notes, Lemon Haze is perfect for green smoothies with ingredients like spinach, kale, and green apples.
- Strawberry Cough: Strawberry Cough’s sweet, berry-forward flavor is great in smoothies with strawberries, blueberries, or acai berries.
- Mango Kush: The tropical flavors of Mango Kush pair beautifully with smoothies containing mango, pineapple, or peach.
- Blueberry: With its distinctly berry flavor, Blueberry strain is perfect for any berry-centric smoothie.
Benefits of Juicing Raw Marijuana
Juicing raw marijuana can bring a multitude of health benefits. Here are a few:
- Rich in Nutrients: Raw cannabis leaves are high in essential vitamins and minerals, including iron, potassium, calcium, and vitamin K, contributing to overall health and wellbeing.
- High in Antioxidants: Cannabis is rich in antioxidants, which can protect the body against stress and damage.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: The high CBD content in raw cannabis has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, which can help with conditions like arthritis and IBS.
- Mental Wellness: Though raw cannabis won’t get you high, the cannabinoids it contains can still contribute to mental wellness. They may aid in sleep, mood regulation, and overall brain health.
So, whether you’re already a smoothie enthusiast or looking for a new way to incorporate cannabis into your routine, give cannabis smoothies a whirl. Here’s to healthy, high-powered mornings and as always, stay green!
Preparing Cannabis Smoothies: Tips, Tricks, and Dosing
Great to have you back, fellow explorers! It’s Blaze Green, ready to guide you through the process of preparing your very own cannabis smoothies and how to dose them correctly. Trust me, these powerhouse beverages are a fantastic way to start the day, ensuring you’re both nutritionally satiated and pleasantly chilled.
Preparing a cannabis smoothie isn’t much different from making a regular smoothie, but there’s an additional step involved: you need to prepare your raw cannabis.
- Decarboxylation: If you want your smoothie to have psychoactive effects, you’ll need to decarboxylate your cannabis first. This involves baking your buds in the oven at a low temperature to convert the THCA to THC. Remember, though, that decarboxylated cannabis will give your smoothie a strong, earthy flavor.
- Raw Cannabis: If you want a non-psychoactive smoothie that harnesses the raw plant’s nutritional benefits, just clean your cannabis leaves and add them to your smoothie as you would any leafy green.
- Infused Oils: Another method is to use cannabis-infused coconut oil or tincture in your smoothie. This can be either THC or CBD dominant, depending on your preference.
Once you have your cannabis ready, simply combine your chosen fruits, vegetables, protein powder, yogurt, or other smoothie ingredients in a blender, add your cannabis product, blend until smooth, and enjoy!
When it comes to cannabis, dosing is everything. Start low and go slow, especially if you’re new to cannabis or you’ve decarboxylated your cannabis to activate the THC.
- For Decarboxylated Cannabis: If you’ve decarboxylated your cannabis, start with a small amount – around 0.5 grams of dried flower – and adjust up or down based on your tolerance.
- For Raw Cannabis: If you’re using raw cannabis, you can be more liberal. Try starting with a handful of leaves or a small bud.
- For Infused Oils or Tinctures: Follow the dosing instructions on the product. Typically, a dose is a dropperful or a spoonful, but it can vary.
Always remember to wait at least two hours before consuming more, as the effects of edibles and drinkables take longer to kick in compared to smoking or vaping.
Enjoy the process of experimenting with different flavor profiles and potency levels. There’s a perfect cannabis smoothie out there for everyone! So, grab your blender, gather your ingredients, and let’s get blending! As always, enjoy responsibly and stay green!