Party hats on and candles lit, my dear canna-enthusiasts! Blaze Green here, serving up the most exciting, vibrant, and uplifting weed strains to add some extra buzz to your birthday celebrations.
But first, let me take you back to my most unforgettable birthday blowout. On that day, after years of spending my birthdays out in nature, I decided to shake things up a bit. Your boy decided to throw a massive rooftop party in the heart of the city. Friends, music, an infinity pool, and a skyline view to kill for – it was quite the scene.
As the sun started to set, I knew I had to mark the moment. I reached for my secret weapon – Strawberry Cough. As the glowing joint passed around, its sweet and fruity aroma filling the air, a wave of euphoria hit the party. The laughter got louder, the sparkling city lights seemed more mesmerizing, and my fear of aging was replaced with a renewed zest for life.
Having set the tone, let’s dive into some strains that will make your birthday a bash to remember.
Starting the day off jovially, we have Clementine, a citrusy sativa-dominant strain known for its mood-boosting effects. This strain’s uplifting and chatter-inducing properties can kick-start your birthday with an energetic vibe, setting the day off to a fantastic start.
Next up is Blue Dream, a fan favorite for any celebratory occasions. This sativa-dominant hybrid offers a well-balanced head and body high, helping you stay energetic, happy, and ready to take on the day’s surprises.
As the guests gather and the party gets into full swing, Granddaddy Purple is a perfect choice. This strong indica strain aids in setting the chilled-out mood, making it an excellent choice for when you want your guests to unwind, relax, and enjoy the night.
For a memorable birthday toast, Purple Punch comes into play. This indica strain is sweet, soothing, and perfect for those end-of-the-day birthday speeches that you want to make feel extra special.
Last on our festive list is the aptly named Birthday Cake Kush, an indica-dominant hybrid strain. As the name suggests, it’s indeed like a slice of joyous, creamy, birthday cake packed into a joint. It’ll help you wind down after an eventful day and leave you floating on a cloud of blissful tranquility.
Remember, celebrations come in all shapes, sizes, and states of mind. No matter how you choose to honor your day, these strains can add an extra touch of joy and excitement to your birthday festivities. Just remember to enjoy responsibly and make sure your fellow party goers are on board too! Here’s to another wild ride around the sun, my friends. Celebrate, elevate, and may your birthdays always be blazing!
Blaze’s Birthday Special: Cannabis-Infused Birthday Cake
Hey there, fellow adventurers! It’s Blaze Green, your trusted guide in the vibrant world of cannabis. Today, we’re stepping into the kitchen to whip up a delightful cannabis-infused birthday cake. A delectable treat that’s sure to elevate any celebration!
First things first: when it comes to edibles, dosage is critical. The rule of thumb is “start low and go slow.” Everyone’s tolerance to THC is different, so it’s essential to dose your cannabis butter accordingly. It might take a bit of math to figure out, but safety first, right?
Now, let’s get cooking!
- 3/4 cup cannabis butter (see instructions below on how to prepare)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- Your choice of frosting and decorations
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl, cream together the cannabis butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into prepared pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool in their pans over a wire rack for at least 10 minutes. Tap the pans until the cakes come out and let them cool completely before frosting.
Now, let’s talk about preparing your cannabis butter.
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup (7-10 grams) of ground cannabis, decarboxylated
- Preheat your oven to 245ºF (118ºC). Spread your cannabis on a baking tray and place it in the oven. Decarboxylate your cannabis for 30-40 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the decarboxylated (oven-baked) cannabis to this butter.
- Simmer on a low heat for 2-3 hours. Stir occasionally. This process infuses the THC into the butter.
- Strain the butter into a jar or container using a fine mesh, or cheesecloth to catch the plant material.
- Store your butter in the fridge. Use it as needed for cooking.
FAQs About Cannabis-Infused Birthday Cake
Q: How can I estimate the THC dosage? A: Estimating dosage with edibles can be tricky, but here’s a rough guide. If you used 10 grams of cannabis with a 20% THC content, that’s 2,000mg of THC in total. If your recipe makes 12 servings, each serving would have about 166mg of THC. Always start with a smaller piece and wait at least an hour to feel the effects before eating more.
Q: Can I make this cake with CBD? A: Yes, you can! Just substitute the THC-rich cannabis for a CBD-rich strain and follow the same steps. CBD won’t get you high, but it can provide a sense of calm and relaxation.
Remember, consume responsibly and ensure this cake is kept out of reach from those underage or unaware it contains cannabis. Enjoy your celebration, and as always, stay green!
PS – personally I’m lazy, so sometimes I’ll just grab a package of cake mix and mix it together. The important part of this recipe is the canna-butter which you can make anytime and store in your freezer. Just add it to any recipe. But be careful… I’ve accidentally gotten my sister and father super stoned by not getting the dosage right or failing to clearer mark and store my edibles.